Disclosure This product has a BBD of August 2019, Accordingly, I’ll give two for every one you order. I am certain there are no food safety issues. I use this daily without a problem.
Coconut nectar is naturally evaporated low GI sweeetener made from the flower of the coconut tree.
100% sap from the flower of the coconut tree
Key features and benefits
- Low Glycemic index rating 35 (honey 55-70)
- Great natural sweetener for diabetics, people on restricted diets
- Reduces cravings and spikes in blood sugar
- Rich in 17 key amino acids
- Rich in glutamine and many assist in recovery from serious illness
- Amino acids may assist proteins used in the growth, repair and maintenance of body tissue.
Coconut nectar is a beneficial sweetener by virtue of its aminos acids and glutamine content. Glutamine is a key building block for protein metabolism, boosting the immune system.
Go here for a useful overview article on Glutamine including how it is used to assist people post chemotherapy and for HIV/AIDs patients.
As with anything, taking your glutamine in the context of a whole food, rather than as a supplement is preferable. Coocnut nectar with its balance of minerals, aminos acids and small amount of fructose would seem to be a perfect food in this context.