Lovely creamed coconut lemon biscuit recipe – no flour, grains, gluten or starch
These have a lovely lemony tang and are a really soft version of something like a Cookie Time biscuit only 10 times healthier.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup Zenian Organic creamed coconut, softened*
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (I prefer fresh grind, I just ground mine up in a sausage attachment on the juicer)
- 1/2 cup Zenian Organic coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup FRESH lemon juice, strained (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten and corn free)
- dash of sea salt
Preheat oven to 160 degrees ºC.
Place the softened creamed coconut in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Add in the remaining ingredients and process until combined and lemon peel has disappeared.
Depending on how soft your creamed coconut was, you may need to place the dough in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden.
Once dough is hard enough, roll it into about 20-30mm balls. Place the balls on a baking paper lined biscuit sheet and slightly press down. The biscuits will spread slightly.
Bake in preheated oven about 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown around edges.
Let the biscuits cool for a few minutes to help them set up then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate if you prefer a harder biscuit.
You can eat with fresh whipped cream or yoghurt. They are soft and almost gooey like!